- This event has passed.
WIM Student Trailblazer Award NOMINATION DEADLINE
Women in Mining Canada (WIMC) wishes to recognize those women students who have played a pivotal role in their studies /with other students/at their school/highlighting the role of women in the industry. The Student Trailblazer Award consists of a CAN$500 prize, as well as the opportunity to represent both students and Women in Mining Canada at various events throughout the year. The winner will also chair next year’s selection committee for the Award.
The winner of the Award will be expected to attend the Women in Mining Canada event at the Prospectors and Developer’s Association of Canada (PDAC) annual convention in March 2018.
Female students currently enrolled in a Canadian university, technical college, or trade school program and have shown an interest in working in the mining industry, once their courses have been completed. Working
experience in the industry is an asset; however, it is not a requirement. All fields of study will be considered.
Applicants must be Canadian citizens or permanent residents. Bilingualism is an asset but not required.
- Please fill out the application form found at http://bit.ly/2rnTvhy.
- Provide a one-page CV, and highlight your interest in the mining industry and any applicable experience, work or otherwise (i.e. volunteering, mentoring, etc.)
- Provide a full transcript for your school. An unofficial transcript is accepted.
- Provide letters of support or reference from at least two (2) of the following:
- Community leaders
- Work supervisors or employers
- Leaders of volunteer organizations
We also strongly encourage you to nominate your mentor for the Rick Hutson Memorial Award.
The closing date for receipt of nominations January 31st, 2018.
Please send nominations via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject: 2018 WIM Student Trailblazer Award).
The judging committee will be diverse, consisting of students, new graduates and industry professionals, as well as a representative of WIM Canada.