The Trailblazer Award Program for 2019 saw its successful completion with the Mining for Diversity Event held during PDAC 2019.
While it was the perfect opportunity to highlight each one of the Trailblazer Recipients, the Program would have been possible without all of the members of the jury, who spent time and considerable effort in reviewing each of the nominee’s application package. The task was challenging and all of the members confirmed, without exception, the incredible talent and achievements of each and every one of the nominees.
Women in Mining Canada wish to acknowledge the contribution of each one of the jury members and thank them for their valuable support to the success of the Trailblazer Award Program.
The 2019 WIMC TRAILBLAZER SELECTION COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Heather Bruce-Veitch – Director Communications & External Relations, IOC; co-recipient of the 2018 Trailblazer Award
- Peter Dey – Chairman, Paradigm Capital
- Ginny Flood – Vice President, Government Relations, Suncor Energy Inc.
- Jean Hutchinson – Professor, Geological Sciences & Geological Engineering, Queen’s University
- Keith Morrison – CEO, North American Nickel
- Stewart Muir – Executive Director, Resource Works Society
- Patti Tirschmann – former Vice-President Exploration, North American Nickel and co-recipient of the 2018 Trailblazer Award
The 2019 WIMC STUDENT TRAILBLAZER AWARD & RICK HUTSON MENTOR AWARD SELECTION COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Jamal Amin – Geoscientist, co-founder and Managing Director of NextGen Geo
- Réjean Carrier – President & Ceo, Carboniq Inc
- Aimée Harper – 2018 recipient of the Student Trailblazer Award
- Mélanie Laroche-Boisvert – Co-founder of the WIMC Student Trailblazer Award; graduate student Mining & Metal Engineering McGill 2018
- Patrick McAndless – 2017 Recipient of the Rick Hutson Mentor Award. Mentor and coach for students and professional sin the Mining Industry
- Christine Petch – 2018 Recipient of the Rick Hutson Mentor Award; Principal Consultant, CPetch Consulting
The 2019 WIMC INDIGENOUS TRAILBLAZER AWARD COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
- Rachel Ambrus – 2018 Recipient of the Indigenous Student Trailblazer Award
- Mathieu Boucher – Vice-Président, Relations avec les Autochtones, Hydro-Québec
- Derek Chum – Vice President, Indigenous Relations, Hydro One
- Gerry Lafontaine – National Manager, Black Diamond Drilling Tools
- Nalaine Morin – 2018 Recipient of the Indigenous Trailblazer Award; Principal, Arrowblade Consulting Services
- Laureen Whyte – Principal and Senior Social Performance Consultant, Arbutus Consulting
“Each nomination is stronger than the next … they are all winners…they all deserve an Award”….
These are just some of the comments made by our jury members.
WIMC wish to celebrate the nominees for the 2019 Trailblazer Award Program.
NOMINEES FOR THE 2019 TRAILBLAZER AWARD
- Rosie Moore
- Susan Mitchell
- Kim Proctor
- Sherry Dunsworth
- Amélie Rouleau
- Kate Carmack
- Breeanne Parisien
- Pamela Ellemers
- Kari Lentowicz
- Sophie Bergeron
- Sarah Hindle
NOMINEES FOR THE 2019 INDIGENOUS TRAILBLAZER AWARD
- Kate Carmack
- Alberta Malcolm
- Esther Petersen
NOMINEES FOR THE 2019 STUDENT TRAILBLAZER AWARD
- Romy Done
- Karley Fugel
- Sabrina Komann
- Rim Koulder
- Megan Magie
- Jocelyn Manley
- Magdalena McGill
- Katherine Raymond
- Jennifer Samson
- Catherine Thériault
- Clare Butler
NOMINEES FOR THE 2019 RICK HUTSON MENTOR AWARD
- Anne Johnson
- Ciara Talbot
- Hitri Hani
- Zhang Benny
We also wish to acknowledge all of the incredible people who took the time to put the nomination packages together and put their nominees forward for the Trailblazer Award Program.